This site will provide you with many different layers that you can chose to view.
Listed below are the layers that will be “turned on” when the map opens for viewing.
To view any other layers that are not turned on, simply click in the box to turn the layer on.
What are hurricane evacuation zones? Hurricane evacuation zones are zones used to notify residents that they need to evacuate pending the arrival of a hurricane or tropical storm. Depending on your proximity to the coast, you may or may not be located in a hurricane evacuation zone. The closer you are to the coast, the more likely it is that you will be located in a hurricane evacuation zone.
- Major roads and streets (streets will only be viewable once zoomed in to an area)
- Contains parcel data that is visible once zoomed in to an area
Hurricane Evacuation Zones
- New hurricane evacuation zones
- County outline which shows the jurisdictional boundaries for Escambia County and surrounding areas
- Aerial photography of the county taken in December of 2006 which is visible once zoomed in to an area
To view any other layer, simply click in the box to turn it on.
To determine what hurricane evacuation zone you are in, as well as what storm surge area you may be in if any. To determine this, please follow these instructions:
1. Click on search by address or owner name.
To search by name enter last name and then first name. Ex.( Smith Mary).
To search by address, enter the number and street name, Ex.(1505 Cypress).
Once the address is found, you can click on the (+) button to see the information in the record.
2. To zoom to your address, simply right click on the address in the result box and select zoom to for a close-up view; your property will be outlined by a pink box. The following colors indicate what evacuation zone you are in:
- Hurricane Evacuation Zone A-Blue
- Hurricane Evacuation Zone B-Yellow
- Hurricane Evacuation Zone C-Light Green
- Hurricane Evacuation Zone D-Orange
- Hurricane Evacuation Zone E-Red
3. To determine if you are in a storm surge, simply go to the map contents area, check the box for storm surge to turn it on. (Click on the (+) button until it cannot expand anymore to see the legend. The following colors will indicate what storm surge zone you are in:
- Category 1-Red
- Category 2-Orange
- Category 3-Yellow
- Category 4-Light Green
- Category 5-Light Blue
***Provided both storm surge and hurricane evacuation zones are turned on (boxes are checked) and there is no color present at your parcel, then your property is not located in a storm surge zone or an evacuation zone.
To see an expanded view of the area, click on the magnifier glass that has the (-) sign, located in the top-right hand corner of the page and draw a box to expand outward; to zoom back in, do the same except click on the magnifier with the (+) button.
For more detailed directions on how to use the features associated with the storm surge map web site, please click on the help button on that page.
For detailed information on DFIRM (Digital Flood Insurance Rate Map), please visit FEMA’s map service center at, www.msc.fema.gov.
***To make sure that your web browser is supported by this server, please click on the "supported browsers" tab once you enter the website.***